13 April 2009

Kristi & Bryan's Wedding

This past weekend, George and I flew to South Carolina to attend the wedding of my cousin, Kristi, and her husband, Bryan, on the shore of Hilton Head Island. What an amazing weekend! It was so nice to get away, soak up some sun, enjoy the beach, and see my family...and that's before even getting to their spectacular nuptials.

As long as I can remember, I've admired Kristi's taste. Her wedding was no exception. The ceremony, which took place on the beach, and reception, which had an ocean view, were simple, natural, and beautiful. Kristi's style was infused into every aspect of the day from the pre-wedding tunes played on the guitar to her recessional to Margaritaville, from the beach scene wedding cake (complete with white chocolate shells and faux sand) to the pickles served with dinner. I'm so glad that we were there to be a part of the festivities.

[Just before entering the aisle, Uncle Gary asked Kristi if she was ready. She replied instantly with an enthusiastic "yes!" Precious.]


Of course, the wedding had some extra meaning for George and I because it's likely the last wedding we'll attend together before our own journey down the aisle. Babe, I can't wait!

No comments: