03 May 2009

A Little Plug for Etsy

I just purchased the clutch I'll carry at our wedding on Etsy, and I noticed that it just passed one year since my first Etsy purchase. It's high time to share this gem with you all!

I am a total sucker for handmade items. I love to give them as gifts, use them as inspiration for my own projects, and buy them for myself. This is why I think Etsy is just about as revolutionary as Google (sorry, Babe). It's a site of people who make and sell handmade items in "shops" hosted by Etsy. Sellers are all over the world. Really, I've fallen in love with items made in Israel, Turkey, New Zealand, England, the US, you name it. There are few things you can't find on Etsy, and I love that you can search items by geographic area if you want to see what sort of creative goods are made locally. I've purchased several items for myself and for gifts and received a few items from Etsy, and I'm always amazed at how awesome the products are...not to mention the care sellers put into packaging and writing a note of appreciation. Although all the shops are independent (and merely hosted by Etsy), I think the sellers feel a certain pride in their work and accountability to the site which keeps the quality level really high.

Next time you're in the mood or market for a handmade good, think about trying out my friend, Etsy.

No comments: