16 May 2009

Luna de miel

We've been on the fence about a honeymoon (Spanish: luna de miel) because we are sticking around town to enjoy our friends and family who are visiting rather than dashing off right after the wedding. Nonetheless, we've decided to take a trip to celebrate our togetherness, even though it'll be slightly delayed. It'll start with a stop in Ohio for an open house generously hosted by my mom, follow with several days of sun and diving in Miami and the Florida Keys, and wrap up with a visit to DC for a good friend's wedding. It's not at all what I would have dreamed as my honeymoon when I was 5 years old or even 25 years old, but it's going to be perfect!

While booking our (many one-way) flights, we discovered something really exciting: my tickets have to be booked in my new name since I'll have changed it by then!! My current last name (my dad's family name) will become a second middle name, and I'll take George's last name as my own following the wedding. Perhaps George doesn't want the world to know that he giggles, but the truth is that we were both giggling quite a lot each time we booked a flight for passenger ALKS or AS. [Thank you, Mom and Dad, for not giving me the middle name Sarah or Susan or any other lovely name that starts with "S."]

I have more equally exciting, but unrelated, news: in just 365 days, I'll graduate and become ALKS, J.D. :-)

No comments: