24 December 2012

A Pinterest Christmas: Christmas Cards and Wrapping

Welcome to Week Four of A Pinterest Christmas



For the month of December, I'm thrilled to be participating in A Pinterest Christmas with a group of crafty ladies who have been inspired by projects on Pinterest and turned that (p)inspiration into reality.

- - -

Happy Christmas Eve! Are you one of those procrastinators who spends today wrapping all of your loot? If not for having to mail the vast majority of my gifts, I would also be a member of the Christmas Eve wrapping brigade.

This year, I was really inspired by all of the fun wrapping I saw on Pinterest, among them these two:

Source
Source

These little clay tags have so much potential! (Remember when I used them for shower favors?) I decided that I'd pair them with brown craft paper and red/white striped twine for my holiday wrapping this year.






I also found a little (p)inspiration in the Christmas card department. Although we're sending our official cards in the new year, I still wanted to try my hand at these cards to go with the gifts we sent.

Source
Source

I really liked making the stick card, although I can only send it with packages (it won't make it through the postage machine alone) and domestically. The string one was a bit of a disappointment, though, because I couldn't quite get the string to stay taut. Ah, well.




How are you wrapping your packages this Christmas? Did you handmake cards? If you're inspired by my projects, feel free to leave questions in the comments and comment with a link to your projects.

- - -

Remember to check out the rest of the A Pinterest Christmas ladies this week and throughout the month of December:

Tuesdays - 
Sally @ chacha and mogo

Wednesdays - 
Michelle @ this grey house (Sock Vase)

Thursdays - 

3 comments:

kpennock said...

Where did you get the brown striped craft paper from? I have been looking for that but been unable to find it.

Sincerely,
Keith Pennock
Seattle, WA
kpennock@discovery.org

ALKS said...

The brown craft paper is actually a wrapping paper sold at Target. I believe it's made to look like craft paper while it's actually a bit thinner and glossier.

Marie Christine said...

Pinning, Following, Scheduling and even un-following were never so easy on Pinterest. It even takes time to grow on Pinterest but not for me; I am using PinPinterest for my Pinterest account automation. It can work for you 24*7 with its autopilot feature. You can even use it on the go due to its cloud storage facility.