27 November 2008

A Non-Traditional Thanksgiving

George and I celebrated Thanksgiving in our very own way this year. It started with a very late start, lazy "morning" coffee, and lounging in front of the TV. I talked with some of my family, we cleaned up, and, by 3pm, we were finally ready to start thinking about food.

This was our feast: enormous scallops and prawns (from Pike Place Market), Safeway "fresh" bread, green bean casserole, and 2007 Eroica Riesling. The meal was anything but traditional (okay, except the green bean casserole), but I think we both enjoyed it. After eating, I talked with some more of my family, and we lounged some more. I have so much to be thankful for...being able to take a lazy day with my one-and-only beside me is just the tip of the iceberg!

Tomorrow, I'll get back to studying. My final oral argument is Monday afternoon, and I have three exams between now and December 18th. Oh, and there are also some Christmas decorations to buy and display. I'm still looking forward to that tree! :-)

No comments: