07 June 2013

Pinned It & Did It: Display Frame

This is the first installment in a series of Friday posts where I show you some of my Pinterest-inspired projects.  It's not in any way sponsored or endorsed by Pinterest. Instead, I hope this will inspire fellow Pinners to not pin it and forget it but rather pin it and do it.

About a million years ago (or shortly after I joined Pinterest), I pinned this little beauty:

Pin. Source unknown.

I hoped to make something similar to hang pictures and/or Madeleine's future art. Long story made short, I bought a discarded frame at a local craft store, and this is the result: 



To get there, I gave the frame a decent sand, scraped the rest of the paper off the frame's back, applied two thin coats of semi-gloss white spraypaint, stapled some miscellaneous twine in place, added a hanger and corner protective thingies, and clipped on some tiny clothes pins. As you can see, it's super complicated. 



I'd say it goes pretty well with the other pieces we hung in Madeleine's play area in the den. 



What have you pinned lately?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, while it was perhaps slow to happen, the cheap replica watches traditional Swiss watch industry has finally gotten the message that consumers demand more fairness in pricing. I don't mean lower hublot replica prices per se, but rather retail prices more aligned with the actual value (a function of production cost, resale expectation, competitiveness) of a timepiece being sold. Without a doubt, the omega replica increase in sales of smartwatches has an effect on the sub-$1,000 watch market. That is certain, but that isn't the Swiss luxury replica watches sale market that most of us are concerned with - and certainly not replica watches what we mostly cover on this website or what other enthusiast watch websites cover.