15 July 2014

Car Seat Cover

I'm back with another baby-related project. Car seat covers have become more and more common, and it seems pretty useful...so I decided to whip up a cover for our little one.

I consulted these two tutorials (here and here) and then just winged it. I went with light fabrics given our baby's expected arrival during the peak of summer. The top fabric is a searsucker, bottom a muslin gauze, and binding a simple Kona fabric - all from JoAnn's. It took just a couple of hours from start to finish and could have been even faster if I'd used more cooperative fabrics and skipped the binding.

Nonetheless, here it is:





I'm pleased with the results and look forward to seeing whether this ends up being useful for keeping sun out of baby boy's eyes. Now hop on over to Misha's blog to see her version of the same project.

3 comments:

Janie said...

Meticulous sewing. So very straight with striped fabric. Beautiful!

Jose Miller said...

This post is really awesome and helpful for all kinds of Car Seat Cover .I think every people will get help, which finding Car Seat Cover info through online by this kind of blog.I have found also same source at Bestforauto.com.

Dolores Brown said...

This is so awesome. I love the fabric you used for the car seat cover. It's really impressive what you were able to do with the sewing machine. I've tried a few different sewing projects, but I'm not good enough at sewing to make them turn out good. http://www.prestige-sheepskin.com.au