19 May 2015

Progress

This is the year. 

For years (closer to a decade than a year if I'm being honest), I have been wanting to learn more about photography, and I finally took the first step by signing up for Ashley's (Under the Sycamore) Snapshops course. It's a self-paced online course covering the basics of using a camera outside the auto setting. Part of the course overlapped with our time in Maui, and I had a great time using nap time to learn and play time to capture some precious memories. 

I feel I should warn you that I know just enough to be dangerous now, so you should be forewarned that my photography is very much a work in progress...both compositionally and technically. Progress is messy and crooked and winding, but it's progress nonetheless.

In that spirit, I thought I'd share some fun (if a bit too dark) shots I took of Madeleine enjoying a few bites of pie. 

ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/200

ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/200

ISO: 400, f/2.8, 1/160

ISO: 400, f/2.8, 1/160

ISO: 400, f/2.8, 1/160

ISO: 400, f/2.8, 1/160

ISO: 400, f/2.8, 1/160
Oh, I love that face!

1 comment:

Janie said...

How fun! My favorite I think is the eyes closed shot. I will gladly look forward to your photo's. I look at them ALL THE TIME.....ALL THE TIME, I SAY.