05 November 2010

Official

Many years of jumping through hoops culminated with a seriously special moment this afternoon. While randomly checking to see whether my bar number had been issued, I discovered that I was officially admitted to the bar today. I am officially a licensed attorney.

Before this, it has felt like every legal milestone has come with conditions subsequent. Even when I finished law school, I had the bar exam hanging over me. When I finished the bar exam, I had results pending. After finding out that I passed the bar, I still had an online seminar, swearing in, and fees that I had to satisfy. And now, everything is satisfied, and I am finally licensed to practice my craft.

It's just as well that I'm licensed because I start my associate lawyer position soon. I know that many challenges await, but I've been working for years for this.

No comments: