24 August 2012

Anniversary

(Don't worry, George, you didn't miss our anniversary. :-) )

The five-year anniversary of the blog came and went over the summer. With all that's been going on, I didn't have an opportunity to properly acknowledge it.

First, let's talk about some things that have changed since the blog's inception.  It's hard to believe that five years ago, I spent the summer enjoying carefree travel across China, Australia, and New Zealand. It was during that trip to New Zealand that I met George's family and many of his Kiwi friends, family and friends who I now consider my own. We've weathered law school, a bar exam, and a law firm job with long hours; with them came some quiet times on the blog. In the last five years, George and I have gone from being a couple of a year and a half to being a married couple of three years with a beautiful wedding celebrated in the middle. I've enjoyed this last while (nearly a year now - wow!) of being at home, which included a lot of preparing for baby and crafting and now consists of almost entirely caring for baby...and the blog reflects those times in my life. Of course, we've welcomed our dear Madeleine and couldn't wait to celebrate it here as well. Yes, so very much has happened and changed from summer 2007 to now.

Now let's talk about what hasn't changed at all. When I started this blog, I had to come up with a name for it. Telling friends and family to find me at something like www.29384.blogspot.com seemed tedious at best. To find a name, I reflected on my feelings for George (after all, this would be a blog about both of us) and my hopes and aspirations for our future. That's how I arrived at Without a Doubt. I knew, even then, that - without a doubt - we'd spend our futures together. And that has not changed one bit since the very first post back on July 13, 2007. George is a wonderful partner and husband, friend and confidant, mate for life. Watching him be an astoundingly awesome father to Madeleine makes me love and admire him all the more.

I look forward to seeing where the next five years take us. There are plenty of unknowns, but without a doubt, George and I will be experiencing them together.




1 comment:

Janie said...

Beautiful...a great entry. Love the news and updates all the time. Keep 'em comin!