05 August 2012

Weekend in Photos

It was a HOT weekend here in Seattle. Yesterday, we had the first 90-degree (32C) day since the summer of 2009 2010, and today we set a record with temperatures in the low 90s again. As a result, we did a lot of vegging and sitting in front of the fan.

It also occurs to me that this was my last weekend of my 20s. Eeek.

On Friday night, I picked up some yummy berries at the local farmers' market. Can't wait to make the blueberries and few remaining raspberries into delicious desserts tomorrow (once the temperature dips low enough to use the oven again). 

I needed a few things at Nordies and managed to make it in time for the sale.

Baby needs to stay hydrated in the heat, too. Poor girl has a bad case of baby acne, which the heat is not helping.

Saturday afternoon tummy time on the quilt from Grandma Janie.

George made the bulk of the raspberries into a delicious raspberry and lavender sorbet. Yum.

I finally took care of my civic voting duty. Ballot will be in the mail tomorrow.

Our friend, Kate, came to visit and brought these beautiful summery flowers.

Madeleine was so hot that this is how she took her Sunday naps (in front of the fan).

Sunday night: take-out burger, fresh pedicure, Olympics on TV.

My wonderful daughter and her super dad...

How was your weekend? What's on tap for the week ahead?

1 comment:

Janie said...

What a diverse entry! Hopefully your heat will let up! We have been blessed with way-too-hot temperatures all summer. I feel your pain!