26 June 2014

Throw Back Thursday

I'm back for another #tbt to remember where we were two years ago...

I'd been having "different" contractions throughout the day, the day before my due date. Right around bedtime, the pattern became clear and the intensity was such that I finally admitted I was in labor. I told George to snap a few last pregnancy shots and then go to bed to get some rest ahead of the real excitement.


The next night, around the same time, Madeleine was born, and our lives were forever changed. Tomorrow, we celebrate the second birthday of this sweet and nurturing, climbing and fearless, chatty girl. It hardly seems possible that it has been that long...yet that it has only been that long.


4 comments:

Janie said...

What a sweet, tears-in-my-eyes, love-overflowing post. Happy almost-2 birthday, sweet Madeleine.

denayeb said...

What a beautiful baby she was. Can't wait to see her little bro!

Unknown said...

Crazy how tiny M was & equally crazy that it has been 2 years! Happy happy birthday Madeleine! XO

Kendra G. said...

Happy 2nd birthday Madeleine! It's crazy how she looks exactly like herself as a teeny tiny newborn! Enjoy celebrating! -- Kendra