03 May 2012

Block 4 of 6

Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

This week's block is the Dresden Plate. The individual pieces were machine sewn together and then hand sewn to the background using needle turn applique. This was, by far, the most challenging block we've done so far...and I must admit that I hated every moment of needle turn applique work. (I'm pretty sure that this is the method required by the quilt my mom is making for me, which makes me feel even more indebted to her for her labor of love.) The final product has plenty of imperfections, but I suppose it's acceptable.

Dresden Plate

In case you're keeping track, yes, I am late posting my weekly quilting homework and, yes, I missed this weekend's updates. George and I were off enjoying our last vacation before becoming parents (babymoon!), and I decided to stay off of Facebook, email, and the blog in order to focus on our time together while we were away. I have several updates and lots of roadtrip photos to share, so stay tuned.

No comments: