18 May 2012

Friday Night Creativity

Apologies for the silence this week. I was busy enjoying my mom's company and taking advantage of her help nesting. I plan to show you (some of) the fruits of our labor next week; the rest will have to wait until the nursery is ready for its reveal. Since my mom left on Thursday, I've been hanging out in my craft room, trying to cross more things off of my pre-baby list, and I'm happy to report that I'm making progress. 

Speaking of progress, I thought I'd briefly share with you what I made in the last two to 2.5 hours: a nursing cover. Once again, I used a helpful tutorial written by Amy at Diary of a Quilter. It was incredibly easy to follow, and the project was a quick one. 

Pardon the photo quality - this is from the reflection in the window.

All folded up...

Most of the crafty projects I'm undertaking for the nursery/baby end up costing nearly the same as the store bought version, if not a little more. For me, it's more about enjoying the creative process and getting to have something more unique than a mass-produced item. This nursing cover, however, came in well below the cost ($15-$30) of its retail counterparts. 

This is the approximate breakdown: 
  $6.99 - 1 yard of Annbeth fabric (used 3/4 yard) at Ikea
  $2.49 - 1 package of D rings (used 2 of 4 in package) at Joann Fabric
  $1.65 - 1/2 yard of boning at Joann Fabric

1 comment:

Benny said...

Once you find a site with no bad reviews, run a check on that site through the hublot replica. Any site that clears those hurdles is OK to do business with. As far as the tag heuer replica is concerned, there are deals galore. A popular Bulova men's diamond watch you can find online for a lower price than you pay at retail is the replica watches sale. This watch has a round face that is surrounded by beautiful diamonds as well as having diamonds on the actual face of the watch itself. The rolex replica watch has 32 diamonds with a stainless-steel bezel and a stainless steel band. This watch is also water resistant up to 99 feet and comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty. The price of this swiss replica watches online usually runs around four hundred and ninety rolex replica sale versus the original list price, which is around seven hundred dollars.