20 November 2013

A Long Time Coming

A year or so ago, I mentioned to my mom that I was interested in a vintage school map. She was able to get one for me because most of the schools near my hometown have recently been rebuilt, leaving a lot of vintage school stuff floating around local yard sales and such. It took me a while to get the right hooks to mount the map and then a while longer to get the mount to connect the hooks to the wall.

Finally, this last weekend, we hung the map in our den. I grew up around maps and think that inspired my desire to explore all the places I studied on maps. I can only hope that Madeleine will do the same.


2 comments:

Janie said...

It looks great. When Madeleine starts studying that map, put your seat belt on!!!!!! It sure made you sprout wings!

Patricia said...

What a great idea!!