08 November 2013

Pinned It & Did It: Framed Magnetic Board

Before we get started, I have a confession: I actually had this project in mind before I pinned the "inspiration" pin in this one. Here's the pin:

Pin. Sadly, this wasn't linked to the original source.

For me, this projected started with staging our old house. George and I both liked this metal travel-inspired piece that I bought to stage our old house, and we planned to decorate with it at our new house.



However, we haven't been able to find the right space for it. So, I decided it would be perfect for a magnetic board for Madeleine, especially since our refrigerator isn't magnetic. I sprayed it white and covered it with some cheap-o but super cute fabric that catches my eye every time I'm at JoAnns. I had better luck this time with spray adhesive (unlike the first time) and used hot glue to wrap the fabric around the back. Then, I popped the glass out of a frame and replaced the glass with the fabric-covered metal sheet.

Ta-da!




It's time to get Madeleine some magnetic letters and to bust out the Tegu blocks Madeleine received for her birthday.

Do you ever envision a project and then find a pin that shows it?

1 comment:

Janie said...

Love the magnetic board and love the tegu blocks. I want to play with them!!!!!