01 November 2013

Pinned It & Did It: Hooded Toddler Towel

When I saw this pin come across my feed, I knew that I had to make it. 

Pin. Original Source.

The original tutorial provides the basics, but I'd like to pass along a few lessons learned: 
  • If you have a big hand towel, consider cutting it down so that it's not so huge on your toddler. 
  • Sew the top of the hood before attaching it to the bath towel, but, on the half of the hand towel with the tag, pay attention to its orientation. 
  • The binding on the top of the hood can be on the narrower end (2" for me) and sewn with a standard foot before attaching it to the center of the bath towel. 
  • The binding for the sides of the bath towel need to be larger (3.5" worked well, but as small as 3" would probably be fine) and sewn with a walking foot. 
  • The final product is cuter than you can imagine. 

This turned into a group project as several of my friends from PEPS joined me in this undertaking. It is really fun to see how the different bindings give each one a slightly different character.  



I made two for Miss M: the rainbow one (recognize the fabric?) for the pool/beach and the feminine one for the bath. 



Do you know the best use for a towel hood? Peek-a-boo!



You didn't think you were going to get away from this post without cute Madeleine pictures, did you?



1 comment:

Janie said...

The towel is wonderful but...............guess who is MORE wonderful? Looks at those bath photo's. Beautiful.