13 December 2013

A Pinterest Christmas: Wine Cork Tree and Wreath

I hope you've been drinking your fair share of wine because today I have two cork projects to share (not to be confused with the three yarn/sweater projects from yesterday).

Yep, I made another wreath. My mom always had wreaths hanging up around the house while I was growing up, so I'd like to think that I get my love of wreaths honestly. This one was inspired by this Good Housekeeping one:

Pin. Original Source.

It wasn't quite as easy as it looks, but I thoroughly enjoyed the hour or so that I spent making it with a friend. I modified mine by using silver bells and hot gluing the bells in place. Ta-da!



I also made some of my corks into cute little trees, inspired by this pin:

Pin. Original Source.


Bonus? Because hot glue holds corks together without being permanent, you can take the tree apart at the end of the season and use your corks for another fabulous cork craft project.

Are you making any projects that can be repurposed after Christmas?

Are you ready for more Christmas projects? Check out the rest of the Pinterest Christmas gang throughout the month of December:

Misha: Emerald City Diaries
Maggi: Greg, Maggi, and Rodney
Abbi: The Pena Family
Kendra: The Gilbertson Family

Want to see the rest of this year's projects?
Want to see the rest of this year's projects?
Felt ball garland
Tiny bell Christmas tree
Painted pinecones
Felt toddler Christmas tree
Simple and cozy Christmas decorations
Glitter reindeer silhouette
Christmas table runners
Linen stockings

1 comment:

Janie said...

Love the wreath! At craft shows this year, there are quite a few votive holders made our of corks and the bottom is a cork coaster. Drink up!