04 October 2013

Pinned It & Did It: Mess-Free Toddler Finger Painting

Last week, I wanted to do a different activity with Madeleine, but I couldn't bring myself to take on a mess. Suddenly, I remembered this pin.

Pin. Original Source.

I used a little more paint than the original pin, and I attached the bags to the window with shipping tape rather than contact paper.

Unfortunately, this wasn't highly successful. For the first 10 minutes, Madeleine was only interested in trying to rip the paint-filled bags off the window. That tape sound is so attractive! After I convinced her to leave them up, she wasn't very interested. Even though they were up for nearly a week, Madeleine only really played with them for about 10 minutes, even with a lot of encouragement from me.

This picture captures the height of her interest. Better luck next time, maybe...? This was so easy that I'll definitely try it again!


No comments: