21 October 2013

Hooked!

I've mentioned before how it's important to George and me that we fill our home with meaningful things. Just like I try to incorporate some antique and rustic items that remind me of growing up in Ohio, we try to bring home special pieces from New Zealand when we visit.

On our last visit, we picked up this beautiful hook, which we have just finally hung in our dining room. I love how it contrasts against the dark paint (Benjamin Moore Stampede). Fun fact: the hook holding the hook was my first ever Anthropologie purchase.


Bonus! The color of the hook nicely ties in with the stone around the fireplace. I love happy accidents!


As an unhappy accident, the lighting in this photo make the living room paint color look similar to the dining room when it's actually the significantly lighter BM Sonora Gray. Oh well, I'm still hooked on our hook. Har-har.