15 January 2010

Attitude Adjustment

This was not the best week of my life. It has not stopped raining in the past 5+ days. On Monday, two dear friends buried their father/father-in-law. I've worked almost twice my normal hours, yet a pile of undone work taunts me. Because it's the first week of classes for the semester, I've had to do my reading as it was assigned instead of being able to prepare for the week the weekend (or even day) in advance. Traffic has been absolutely miserable, forcing me to clock 8-10 hours in my car commuting in the past five days. I confirmed my spot in a bar prep class, essentially paying thousands of dollars for a rare form of torture. Yes, I have plenty of material for my very own pity party.

And then, I turn on the news and hear about all of the death and destruction facing the people of Haiti. I cannot even begin to comprehend the crisis or the everyday conditions in Haiti, let alone the combination of the two. This report that I heard on my way home last night really grabbed my attention. I was also especially touched by this story.

Attitude adjusted.

No comments: