20 June 2014

Summer Bucket List

Summer officially arrives this weekend, and, in celebration, I thought I'd share my bucket list for our summer.

  • Go to the zoo
  • Check out the Kids Discovery Museum on Bainbridge Island
  • Spend a rainy day bouncing at our local trampoline park
  • Help Madeleine master counting 0-10
  • Celebrate five years of marriage
  • Do a photoshoot of Madeleine at our local lavender farm during its peak
  • Walk our local trail farther than we have in the past
  • Camp out with Madeleine in our backyard (maybe this night)
  • Take a refreshing night away to re-charge before the next chapter of our family's life begins
  • Bake a peach pie (and probably a peach-berry pie for my love)
  • Have a baby
  • Finish the baby's nursery (hopefully before the baby arrives)
  • Stock our freezer full of food (again, hopefully before the baby arrives)
  • Take Madeleine downtown on the bus
  • Arrange for Madeleine to meet a horse up close
  • Have at least one weekend without any plans
  • Visit at least three different farmers markets (and hopefully lots more)

As you might imagine, some of these are already in the works and others are merely aspirational. I'll try to keep you posted on how I do at accomplishing them because - you know - I need a few more things to add to my to-do list. 

What's on your summer bucket list? 

1 comment:

Janie said...

What you might need are a couple 60 day months!!!!!!! Maybe Grandma Janie can help with some of these when she comes to play in August!