26 November 2015

Bright Baby Girl Quilt

This past weekend, I got to hand off my newest quilt to its new owner. She is bright, confident, feisty, feminine, and unapologetic. I mean all of those things in the nicest possible way, and she is going to be a wonderful mother to her sweet Adelina.

In that spirit, I tried to make a quilt that embodied the same character and ended up with this:


The quilt top came together remarkably quickly thanks to strip piecing and a few cutting shortcuts. 


For the quilting, I wanted to try something different. I attempted to recreate the pattern from the backing fabric. It's imperfect (isn't that the true beauty of quilts?), but I'm pleased with how it turned out. 


3 comments:

Janie said...

Beautiful. It will warm both body and spirit!

denayeb said...

absolutely love this! BTW N's quilt came all the way to Spain with us.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!