27 February 2009

Guest Room

What better to do on this beautifully sunny Friday afternoon than post before and after photos of our guest room? This was my project last spring break. I emptied the room, refinished the walls and ceiling, painted the walls and ceiling, and put the room back together with a few decorative touches. I took a bit of a chance on the color (burnt scone), but it turned out to be quite tolerable. In fact, I would have painted more of our house shades of yellow if I had done this room first and discovered my love for it.

This is arguably my favorite room in the house. Not only do I love the color, but I also have a soft spot for the furniture since it's what I bought when I first moved to the west coast. To top it off, I've decorated the room with momentos of my and George's adventures: paintings from Spain, Portugal, and Ecuador; a print from Austria; a ceramic piece from Ecuador; a gnome bell from my grandma; and a little globe from my mom.

We hope that many of you will visit us, stay in our guest room, and feel right at home!

BEFORE












AFTER










1 comment:

Tina Blewett said...

Looks gorgeous! Very satisfying, no? To make your house really your own. Miss ya!