04 April 2012

True Potpourri

Here's what's on my mind:


Full Steam Ahead
This week has been full of reminders of how close we are to the arrival of our sweet pea. The car seat arrived. The crib and dresser arrived at the local warehouse. Baby's activity level has picked up considerably. I am officially in the third trimester.

Touching
I'm already getting the privilege of experiencing the father-daughter bond between George and Baby Girl. When he calls from London, I put the phone on speaker. She generally gets a lot more active during phone calls from her Daddy. Today, she was really chill until George started talking directly to her; at that very moment, she started squirming around. My heart is melted.

This isn't going to be easy, is it?
I received some news today that makes me feel like a bad mom...and our baby is still months away. Ugh. This parenting thing isn't going to be easy, is it?

Making Peace
Remember my reference to 6-panel doors? I have several of them to paint, and they scare me...a lot. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I want them to look just so. The whole batch is not quite done, but I'm making peace with this challenge.

No comments: