17 May 2013

Spring Garden Tour

Each season of the first year in a new house brings surprises in the garden department. So far, we have been pleasantly surprised - especially this spring. We wonder why the previous owners didn't list this house for sale in spring, but maybe there are even better surprises waiting for us in August...? 

Anyway, I thought I'd show you some of what is blooming at the moment. 

The backyard is dripping with the scent of lilac at the moment.

We have a bunch of rhodies, this one blooming in both white and pink.

More rhodies...

And lots of azaleas...

I'm not sure what this is, but I love the cute little pink flowers and bright green leaves.

It's hard to beat new growth green, the color that inspired our wedding colors.

When we left for Arizona, these trees didn't have leaves, and now they're full of birds and green.

In case it's not already obvious, let me tell you that we love (love, love, love, love) our yard. At every opportunity, we try to get out and enjoy it. The quiet. The green. The sound of birds. The occasional "clip clop" of a horse. The squeal of our baby crawling through the grass being "chased" by her daddy. 



So, what's popping up in your garden this spring? If you've moved, are you getting good or bad surprises as you live the first year of seasons in your new abode?

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I do know the plant with the cute pink flowers - we had one at the house in Khandallah - I'll get the name when I'm back in Wanganui with my gardening books.

Janie said...

Kind of looks like mini-carnations? The leaves don't though. Great pictures!