28 July 2009

Be Thankful Every Day

George's mum has given us permission to share her reading from our wedding day (below). It was such an honor to have our mothers take such an important role in the ceremony uniting us as a married couple.

Be Thankful Every Day
by Patricia Harvey

This is a special day, when two are joined as one
I love my new daughter, Amanda, I’ll always love you George
Care for each other, be faithful till the end
Follow what’s in your heart, may you always stay best friends

It’s the start of your new life , as husband & wife
Hope the good days outshine the bad
May laughter brighten the sad
Know I’m here for you, to help or just talk to
Believe in each other
I’ll always be your Mother (Mum)

The day will be here soon, when you’ll have children to love
God will watch over you, love and comfort you
Pray for patience and wisdom, to give each other your best
I’ll always be your mother, it fills my life with happiness
My tears are filled with love, for you & Amanda
You are a caring son, I’ll forever be proud of you
Cherish Amanda, always share your love

It’s the start of your new life
Believe in each other and
Be thankful every day you have together

Pray every day
For Christ is always with you.
God be your comfort, your strength
God be your hope and support
God be your light and your way
And the Blessing of God,
Creator, Redeemer and Giver of life,
Remain with you now and forever.

Amen

No comments: