22 May 2014

Our Dining Room

I'm excited to share with you some updates we've made to our dining room. While the room may not be absolutely finished, I think that it's done for the time being. It feels very much our style.

The room is painted Benjamin Moore Stampede. I've previously shown you our hook, a piece we picked out during our last visit to Wellington. It's still one of my favorite things in our house. 



On the other side of the opening to the living room, we are displaying some other favorites from Wellington: Bob Steiner ceramics depicting Kiwi icons. 


On the opposite wall, I hung six photos from our travels. The frames are Ribba from Ikea, which come with a basic white mat. I covered the mats with an inexpensive light linen that I picked up at JoAnns, the same linen I used for our Christmas stockings. I filled the frames with pictures full of happy travel memories, from our early dating days to first family vacations. 



Perhaps most exciting, we changed out the light fixture for a beautiful Hubbardton Forge piece. I adore this light, and I love that the shade looks linen (like the mats) at times and white (like the trim) at others. I only wish we would have found it sooner. (You can see the old light here and here.)




All that said, I'm glad that we have taken our time to find just the right things for our space. I only hope that the rest of our rooms come together as well. 

2 comments:

Janie said...

This room just screams the two of you. Can't wait to see the light in person. It is beyond stunning.

Anonymous said...

Love the frames. You're so crafty - I'm jealous!