12 December 2013

A Pinterest Christmas: Simple and Cozy Christmas Decorations

I have three soft and cozy projects to share with you today. These guys are more winter than Christmas-specific, though I chose to do mine in red, green, and white.

Let's start with the simple yarn wreath, which wasn't inspired by any particular pin but rather by lots of cute yarn wreaths I've seen floating around the web. I made this by simply wrapping yarn around a foam wreath form. Easy-peasy and oh so flexible. 



While I had the yarn out, I wrapped some styrofoam balls to make yarn balls, a la this pin:

Pin. Original Source.

I ended up a dozen balls of varying size, depending upon how many times I wrapped them. 


As you can see, I also wrapped a couple of vases with sweaters. I should confess that this project was on last year's Christmas crafting list, and I never quite got around to making them. Isn't the inspiration pin beautiful? 

Pin. Original Source.

I don't think that mine turned out quite as well, but they make a pretty decent grouping with my yarn balls and battery candle. 


How are you making your home feel warm and cozy this holiday season? 

Are you ready for more Christmas projects? Check out the rest of the Pinterest Christmas gang throughout the month of December:

Misha: Emerald City Diaries
Maggi: Greg, Maggi, and Rodney
Abbi: The Pena Family
Kendra: The Gilbertson Family

Want to see the rest of this year's projects?
Felt ball garland
Tiny bell Christmas tree
Painted pinecones
Felt toddler Christmas tree
Wine cork tree and wreath
Glitter reindeer silhouette
Christmas table runners
Linen stockings

No comments: